Captcha stands for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
It is used to ensure that certain functions are not used by a script, but by a human.
On Kaufmich the captcha is also used in some places, e.g. when creating a ticket.
The way it works is quite simple:
- first a small window "I am not a robot" appears
- click the checkbox
- then click the matching pictures to the above mentioned term
- the pictures will change when all matching pictures are clicked
- click the matching images again
- until the captcha disappears
If, for example, several reports are written one after the other, the captcha usually has to be edited only once.